Friday, January 28, 2011

in the morning oswald says "moi"!


I crack my eyes open and he's standing there, tail up, in silhouette and morning shadow. "Moi!", he says. And again. Then again. His surgically altered maw doesn't meow anymore. He is a uni-lingual French kitty...

"Moi!" Translation: feed me, mofo. Or good morning, feed me.

Oswald is approaching three months post cancer diagnosis. We have shared some great great moments with him and we've made the mistake, because it's impossible not to, of thinking these times will last forever. Irrational. Human. Human and furry companion dynamics.

Lynda reported blood coming from his mouth last night. She thinks he bit his lop-sided tongue. I hope she's right. He's going to the vet on Monday for his regular examination. In the meantime a co-worker has lost a beloved pet and now this means something to me. So, I won't be complaining when I write about this experience with Oswald. It's been a blessing and that's the way it's going to continue...

2 comments: